Health. Inside and Out.
As a Kansas Department of Health and Environment funded initiative that aims to reduce obesity, diabetes, heart attack and stroke in Sedgwick County, Health ICT has devised an action plan to help improve care both inside and outside of the clinic walls. The plan will incorporate intraprofessional and community resource-based care and adopt proven, evidence based strategies designed to help achieve better outcomes in these patients and improve clinic workflow. To learn more about methods, partners or sample workflows read more below. Also continue check back for updates.
Health ICT is available to provide free technical assistance. If you are interested or would like to learn more, please contact us!
Evidence Based Methods
Diabetes Prevention Program The Diabetes Prevention Program helps you take control of your health by adopting habits to reduce your chances of developing type 2 diabetes and improve your overall health and well-being. Research by the National Institutes of Health has proven that programs like the YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program can reduce the number of cases of type 2 diabetes by nearly 60%.
Collaborative Practice Agreement Resources
Collaborative Practice Agreement Symposium
The first of it’s kind with the intent of educating pharmacists and physicians on the importance of collaborating together for the benefit of the patient.
- Ben Bluml Presentation Slides
- Dr. Blackwelder Presentation Slides
- Dr. Klepser Presentation Slides
- CPA Provider Resource
- Blood Pressure CPA Sample
- Drug Therapy Management CPA Sample
Collaborative Practice Agreement Video Series
- Introduction to Collaborative Practice Agreements
- Elements of a Collaborative Practice Agreement
- Collaborative Practice Agreements – A Physician Perspective
Collaborative Practice Agreement Articles
Sign up for our healthcare provider newsletter
- Video: Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring for Hypertension Management
- Video: How to Get Reimbursed for Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Video: Implementation Guide for the Check.Change.Control Tracker. This video details the free technical assistance available through Health ICT to implement the Tracker into a hypertension management protocol in your practice.
- Free community blood pressure screening locations